Challenge Project Reflection Blog- Luke

Luke Kirchner

     I thought my challenge project was a great success. I have gotten a good amount of hits on my blog page after I posted the link on some Reddit pages. My prior research added a great insight into the problem at hand and I enjoyed making the blog and finding the funds to use. My topic was about the music industry and how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected it drastically. I then found online funds to help musicians and I compiled them on a blogger page and posted them. I can only hope that people might find these and donate so the music industry can survive through the pandemic.
     One of the biggest hits to touring musicians was the COVID-19 pandemic. This basically halted the live music industry and now musicians can't tour. One of my favorite bands was going to play a show in Houston, but a week before they were going to play they had to cancel the entire tour. Then I understood how this was going to affect our daily lives. Bands who were on the road now found themselves in a deep problem. They paid for hotels, tour buses, and the road crew. Now what? This issue with finances is why I decided to try and help these musicians.
     Music means so much to me and pitching in to help the music industry was import during these times. Some of the bands I enjoy aren't necessarily big and popular, meaning money means a lot more to stay "alive". I hope than local music acts are also to prevail during these times, as they help shape the music scenes in a town. Houston isn't too well known for its music scene, but places like Austin might take a hit. We shall see what happened when the social distancing orders are lifted. Concerts might look a lot different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems