Challenge project reflection

Isaak Townsend
For my challenge project I did the legalization of drugs and then as the project went on and I researched it more I started to think that it was alright for some drugs to be illegal but one that I always thought should be legal is pot also known as marijuana.This project was one that I started because I thought that it was going to be easy and what I found out while I was researching the topic of pot many people have similar opinions on one aspect of it but then after that their opinions differ greatly for instance all of the people that I spoke with said that they both understood and would probably advocate for the legalization of marijuana for medical use but then when I asked them about recreational use the answer's some said like the person who lived in Washington state he said that he doesn't think that it should be legal for recreational use because he said that hes seen to many family's been destroyed by it. Their children when they are in their teens and they become lazy and they wont work they because just are to relaxed by the pot and then it goes down hill from their they drop out of school but he does understand pot as a prescription drug and not over the counter while the police officer said that he would like it to be legal for recreation because it was to much of the police forces time and money for something that he said isn't that harmful and those resources should be focused more towards other drugs such as cocaine and meth or even something non drug related. The doctor said yes for prescription use but he would like it to be researched further before he would prescribe it to people and that he believed that the effects of it to help people with pain is greatly exaggerated and he wasn't sure about recreational use. The person who I interviewed that has medical conditions said that they would use medical marijuana to help them but didn't think that it is the best idea for recreational use. The inter views gave me a new perspective on pot that I  didn't have before I believe that this is an issue that will resolve itself over time by becoming nationally legal and right now I think that the best way to help out now is to just raise awareness that over 40% of all people in jail are in there because of drug related crimes and tell people how little of a problem people who smoke pot are I think that in my engagement not only reaching out for interviews but writing a letter to the Houston county or to someone who has a say in laws in the future I may pursue this topic further.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems