Challenge Project Reflection

Blake Peterson
Mr. Roddy 
IHSS 
15 May 2020 
IHSS Reflection Blog

I learned that civic engagement is very important for people to participate in to improve our society. During the presentations on Thursday, I learned about how many issues there are in Houston and how important it is for us to fix them. While researching air pollution the main challenge I had was getting in contact with organizations that worked to help improve air quality. I sent emails multiple times to two people that work to fix air pollution but, I wasn’t able to set up a time to interview them. They told me to give them some time when I could interview them and then just didn’t respond. I tried emailing them four times, but after they didn’t respond I just gave up. Something that went well during my engagement is that I learned a lot more about air pollution than I knew before this project. I didn’t know how air pollution could affect people and how bad it was in Houston. I don’t think I will be able to engage further in this issue because the only way for me to be able to do anything is to join one of the organizations that work to help air quality and I don’t think I’m old enough to do that. I might be able to volunteer in some kind of service event to combat air pollution, but I need to look into that a little more to figure out what kind of things I could do. Civic engagement is very important for the well being of our world. Civic engagement is the main way that the challenges in our world get solved. Without the people and organizations that work to help issues around the world, there would be a lot more problems affecting us today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems