Interview Blog- Luke


     For my interview blog, I decided to compile both my interviews here, because one has much more substance than the other. My interviews were about the subject of the music industry surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. I reached out to some musicians, the governor's office, and local music venues. Not many people responded, but the ones who did, I interviewed and got some good information. I reached out to smaller venues in Houston such as White Oak music hall and the House of Blues. What I didn't totally consider was the fact they are closed- it was very hard to reach someone who worked there. I had to use a contact I had from an upcoming gig at White Oak to get info. According to them, they are only following laws that are set by the government. They said they aren't struggling too hard with finances, but they need to have shows to resume in order to maintain business. In light of recent developments, live shows may not resume for a while, which could hurt venues like White Oak.
     I also interviewed my dad, who plays gigs in town in his own band. While his job doesn't depend on these live shows, he wonders when live shows could resume. His predictions say this year may not be possible, and 2021 would be a more realistic date for large scale shows to start again. With social distancing in effect, it would be very hard to allow shows to take place, due to the fact that you are so close to other people.
     Both these interviews were very helpful for my action phase and really helped me understand the scope of the problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems