Plan of Engagement (Interview)

Cidette Rice
Mr.Roddy
IHSS
5/17/2020

Plan of Engagement (Interview)

     For my project, I intend to make a difference through educating my fellow students about what it means to be a beekeeper and how the average beekeeping process works. To do this, I will have to gather information about the two subjects through experts and my own experience of working with bees. I will definitely consider the time I spend with Shelley Rice as though I was interviewing her, since she is an expert. Over her 12 years of beekeeping, she has taught countless classes, been on TV a couple times, and was voted treasurer of the Houston Beekeeping Association. Long story short, she is very experienced in the Houston world of beekeeping.

      There are many other beekeepers in town that are friends of my Mom, such as Nicole Buerges, who specialize in areas that my Mom doesn’t. For example, my Mom is mainly an independent beekeeper who is hired by clients to manage hives. These clients can be park managers, restaurant owners, people who live in the country, and more. Her job requires a lot of varied materials and an ability to travel far and wide. Ms. Nicole, on the other hand, works mostly in supplies, honey production, and as a founder of Houston’s first hive management service. She defines herself as someone who “...wants to encourage ‘newbee’ beekeepers as well as provide online retail services for the established hobbyist beekeeper”.

      Although I do find Ms.Nicole’s work intriguing, for my interview I will be focusing on my Mom, since my duties as a beekeeper will be most similar to her’s. As I progress as a beekeeper in the future, I will be sure to keep my ears open for tidbits of information I can include in my reflection and that can count towards my interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems