Reflection Blog

During this challenge project, I learnt about the state of public transport in Houston as a someone who had just moved to Houston. I learnt that civic engagement requires lots of hard work and also requires people to step out of their comfort zone to create a difference. I also learnt how to properly engage with other people in a confident way to gain information which is something I never did in Singapore. A challenge I experienced during engagement was trying to engage with someone confidently, I am not a confident person so I found it hard to engage with them but over the course of the project, I built up my confidence to engage with them. A success to my engagement was getting a response from the organiser Critical Mass, I did not expect to get a response from anyone I got in contact with and was extremely surprised to have received an actual response from someone, as said before, I am not very confident and the fact that Critical Mass responded to me boosted my confidence allowing me to conduct the interview instantly. Civic engagement is very important to citizenship of a city, a state, a country and a world. Civic engagement could help make a difference in relation to what a person is bringing attention to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems