Interview 1

Although I have had some struggles trying to get in touch with people, I was able to get one interview in so far. When I called Houston Beautiful I was able to have a short interview with the admin assistant of the organization. Although she was not exactly who I wanted to talk to she still had some really great information and seemed friendly and like she knew a lot about the organization. When I was talking to her I learned a lot about what Houston Beautiful does and how it really has a focus on beautifying the city and encouraging recycling and cleaning up of litter. Although it seems obvious, this isn't something I had really thought about for my project, but now that its been mentioned a park or greenspace is going to be a lot more appealing if it's clean and there is no litter around. Although I am still not completely sure how I'm going to engage, this has made me think that I want to put a little section about littering and keeping the city clean in whatever I choose to do. Another thing she thought was just having people be drawn to fresh air outside, especially if they live in an apartment with no backyard or a space where they are confined, going outdoors can be really relaxing and healthy. She also thinks that because so many people are outside due to the coronavirus, overall it is going to have a positive effects on parks after all this is done. All of this brought in some new ideas that I hadn't really talked about, although I am still not completely sure how I want to engage. I think I will definitely draw from people spending so much time outdoors and hopefully encourage people to continue to take advantage of this and find time to go to parks throughout the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems