Interview Blog

Andreas Cantu
Mr. Roddy
IHSS
18 May 2020
Interview Blog 
When I began my contact log, I made sure to pick people and businesses that I felt I could get a response from within a short period of time. I was so wrong. Out of the 5 people I contacted I received a whopping zero responses after my first email. Needless to say I was quite discouraged, I began sending out my second wave of emails about a week later and ended up with some pretty quick responses. The first person to respond to me was a journalist at the Houston Chronicle, she and I conversed through email for about 3 days. She gave me a lot of information about my issue and referred me to some of her articles and other websites. It was really interesting to learn about my topic from someone who goes out and learns about it from those living it. She taught me a lot about the overlying race issue that is involved and how people of color get targeted much more than non minorities.  
The next person that made contact with me was Inner Loop Realtors. They are a realtor company located in downtown Houston. I found them and thought that they were a perfect candidate, because of their location. Gentrification is quite prominent in downtown Houston, so I was sure they could tell me about it. Once I finally got a response I talked on the phone with one of their representatives for about 30 minutes. They gave me insight on how gentrification although is bad actually ends up benefiting them. They are able to sell the properties at much higher price. I was very grateful for the communication I had with experts in the field, it gave me a better understanding of my issue and how it is a growing problem in our community. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems