Plan of Engagement (Demonstration)

Cidette Rice
Mr.Roddy
IHSS
5/17/2020

Plan of Engagement (Demonstration)

        For my demonstration of what I learned during my challenge project, I was thinking of working a hive and filming it, similar to what I did during advisory. I got this inspiration from Mr.Roddy when he suggested it through email. For advisory, each advisee had a morning that they would host and lead a 30 minute meeting. Most of the time, these meetings ended up having a scribbl.io link in the chat. While I do really love scribbl.io, I wanted to take a different route with my morning. I talked it over briefly with Fabricio (who is also in my advisory) and the mentioned in during the meeting. A couple people said yes, so "operation: advisorbees" was go. On a Friday morning, I would be removing a feeder frame from a nuc (starter) hive, checking over 2 different hives, and extracting honey. This all went relatively well, besides from the fact that I was a little too short to saw off all of the top layer of wax on the capped honey, so I had trouble extracting it. To prevent this trouble, I’ll only be filming the hive process, whether it’s of my own hives or a client’s hive. I will also being doing this alone, the same way I did during advisory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoners Design What They Can't Buy- Luke

Josey - The Fashion Industries Effect on the Enviroment

Recovering Ecosystems